Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch ref. 145.022 circa 1970’s
The design language of the Speedmaster has not changed since its birth in the 1960s as a racing watch. This vintage Moonwatch with 42mm case and twisted lugs with beautifully aged patina and dial and hands from the 70’s is no exception as it evolved to serve NASA missions. The Lemania based 861 manual wind movement was serviced by Omega in 2011 and again by an independent watchmaker in 2016. It is currently running on its original mainspring at approximately -24/sec a day with an increase toward the end of the night if fully wound in the morning-- chronograph function starting, stopping and resetting how it should. An independent watchmaker service can be discussed; however, this has been monitored daily on the wrist and has been good-to-go.
What we dig?
- Original inner & outer box
- Full-sized bracelet
- Omega literature mini pamphlets and 2011 service papers
- Accessories for days: green and black space natos, Forstner Komfit mesh bracelet
What you should know?
- The vintage Speedmaster’s kryptonite is water--take it off even when washing hands
- Serial is difficult to cipher so cannot date the exact year
- Original crown and hesalite crystal replaced in 2011 but included separately
- Additional pictures and videos always available upon request
HOW TO PURCHASE?
To protect buyer and seller and the sensitive matter of handling these time pieces we have disabled the add to cart button. We take this part of the process very seriously and we want to make sure your check out process is handled safely, securely, and shipping is insured.
Please feel free to Inquire for more information or to purchase